Forum Upgrade in 3...2...1...

The spell-check and smiley issue may in fact be a browser caching issue. Try using Ctrl-F5 (hold down the Control key while hitting the F5 key) while you're on an edit post page. It... just... might... work.

Yeah, the quick edits are impressive! It's using a technology called AJAX, where you can send/receive data on a page without reloading it. Lots of enhancements for Moderator tools in this regard.

Hmm... I can make the smileys work by typing in the text for them, e.g. colon-twisted-colon for :twisted: (the most important one :wink:), but not by clicking on the icons to the right of the compose-message box. Wait, Ctrl-F5 worked, now the smileys are normal... is this a one-time-fixes-all trick or do I need to do it every time I reply to something?

But will it work tomorrow?

It will work if it's during the same computer session. It may not work once you've shut down for the night . I'll check that out tomorrow.:smile:

Tintenfisch said:
Hmm... I can make the smileys work by typing in the text for them, e.g. colon-twisted-colon for :twisted: (the most important one :wink:), but not by clicking on the icons to the right of the compose-message box. Wait, Ctrl-F5 worked, now the smileys are normal... is this a one-time-fixes-all trick or do I need to do it every time I reply to something?
It's a one-time fix -- you had the "old" TONMO.com code cached on your computer -- Ctrl-F5 pulled down the latest -- the old is gone forevermore. :cool2:

I've had noooo trouble whatsoever, but then I do usually use a Mac, hee hee.

What is a 'Slurp Spider' (check the Active Users bit)? I've never seen them before. Were they exposed at low tide after Hurricane Rita? Will there be a Discovery documentary on 'Slurp Spiders: Killers of the deep'?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back