For Souther California Residents

I was at the Birch aquarium in La Jolla (San Diego) on Saturday, and they were doing a breeding experiment with their Giant Pacific Octopus. They had put a large female in with the male they normally have, and the male was very active, trying to convince her to mate with him (and not kill and eat him). I've never seen so much of him, and it was great to see a large female. I don't know how much longer they'll keep them together, but you should check it out if you can.

Sounds great! I was there last summer and the GPO they had looked terrible. Cork-screwed and very pale, eyes were very dull. The GPO at the Sea World there on the other hand was very lively.

Hope she isn't a Dominatrix!

I have yet to see the new octopus at sea world, but it is definetley on the to-do list for this summer. Whenever I used to visit Sea World as a kid I would always ask them if they had an octopus exhibit and was very disappointed that there was not one. I am so happy they finally have one though and I hope there arms stretch out to even more of the cephalopod family.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back