• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

food tank q's............

serty

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I have an extra 5 gallon tank that im not using.Can i use it as a food tank?
Could i put the baby clams in there from octo pets?And maybe some crabs from the ocean to?Any help would be appreciated.If i cant use it as a food tank what could i use it for?Thanks

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
It's small, but you could use it for a food tank. Do you have any filtration or pump? Otherwise you'll have to do water changes.

Just FYI, I've found it convenient to keep crabs in a low round bowl that the pet stores sell (I think it was eight or nine dollars) because it's easy to pick up (it's a one-piece glass bowl) and easy to change the water.

Nancy

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Id maybe add a few rocks and stuff for the crabs to hide in as they (well mine did) fight a lot sometimes

serty

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
definitely I will, I might be going to the beach today to collect some food for my octo(maybe even find an octo!).Do i need a substrate?I will definitely add rocks...........thanks!

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary T

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak