• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

flow rate

scooter

Cuttlefish
Registered
i was wondering, how much current can an octo handle? i've got a relatively high flow rate to help turn over the water better, but i don't want to have the more little thing blasted against the side of the tank its whole life. i've put some live rock infront of the retun discharge to help deflect it.

cool, i got about 400 gph through a 30 gallon, so it should be fine then. now all i have to do is wait for my 3 months cycling to finish.

Scooter I'm running roughly the same here, with a ~100GPH powerhead, a Red Sea Prizm skimmer, and a large rated for 60g hang on tank filter in my 29g, and it is no problem at all. What I do is keep all of the flow coming out near the top of the tank, so that it's not intense at all levels of the tank. My octo flutters in the current if he's near the top, but I think he likes that.

Robert :cyclops:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back