• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Flamboyant

shipposhack;113751 said:
Have you considered adding one of your Bandensis to the tank to see if the species fight? It could be interesting. Of course, you would want to monitor them closely to make sure neither gets killed or greatly injured.

No way. No how. There would be no utility that I can see in such an experiment. :biggrin2:

Its doing just fine. Eating a lot of shore shrimp, some isopods and even a bait shrimp the other day. Gonna get some crabs this weekend. Moved to a bigger tank too.
I did find some coconut shell snake houses, and since metasepia have been known to lay eggs in coconut shells...I bought a couple, cleaned them and voila, instant house. If its female, I'll be so happy.
To that end, SHE has only gone in the coconuts a few times, so we'll see!

She didn't eat yesterday, ignoring shore shrimp in the tank. Today, I dropped some live mysis and she snapped them up right quick.

Not silly! These are freshwater mysis and I picked out the largest ones I could find - about the size of the large PE mysids.

Who knows, I sure hope she isn't going down so soon. Perhaps she is just used to the shore shrimp in with her. I am thinking a lot of metasepia prey and bandensis prey may be smaller than we think.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back