• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Flamboyant Cuttlefish

iAlex

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Sometimes I help out a friend of mine who works at a wholesaler when he gets shipments in, and last week he got in a flamboyant cuttlefish. The videos are kind of boring (he didn't eat the shrimp), but it is kind of cool to see it move. Unfortuantely when they came in the next morning he was dead. :-( But makes me glad I didn't take him home... lol

37spR9R.jpg

CTyL01H.jpg

LU52O0v.jpg

Hi Alex! Nice to see you are still hanging around the cephs. Someday I may try to keep one of these if we can get them through captive breeding. Several public aquariums have had success so I have hope.

Hi Alex! Nice to see you are still hanging around the cephs. Someday I may try to keep one of these if we can get them through captive breeding. Several public aquariums have had success so I have hope.
I ended up selling my 120g after my O. briareus passed because I didn't want to spend anymore money stocking the thing so I thought I would be done with cephs for awhile, but after being offered two octos in one day yesterday I am going to move some fish around and make a tank for one of them. Should have another one this weekend if everything goes as planned. :wink:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back