• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

flamboyant cuttlefish

From what I understand (and I am not a cuttle fish person so take with a grain of salt) they really arent that easy to find. They ship poorly and tend to be more difficult to keep than other cuttles. I do not believe there are any suppliers currently that we know of here other than to those in aquariums.

I do know of one supplier but they only find them seasonally, and since I do not condone the commercial collection of these animals I will not give you their contact. I just want to let you know that saying that these animals ship poorly is a gross understatement. The likely hood that any animals you get arriving alive is very slim. They will all arrive as full grown adults with a few months left. The stress very easily. And you will be looking at several hundred American dollars per animal not including shipping. And if your intentions for getting these animals are to see their flamboyant colors and markings then you will have to stress the animals to view this specific behavior. And another thing is they stay fairly small. So I would urge you to seriously consider another cuttlefish species if you have your heart set on keeping cuttlefish.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back