Fishkeeping can be fatal!

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
A fishkeeper has died in his Manhattan apartment after cutting himself on the fish tank he fell on to.

According to a report from the New York Times, the man, Antonio Perez, lost his balance and fell onto the aquarium, causing it to fall over and smash.

An artery in Mr Perez's arm was severed and he later died at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
More at: The New York Times (Sat January 1, 2005, 10:55 am

I have a nice running scar on my left wrist from a fish tank that broke on me...quite the conversation piece!!! You have to admit, acrylic has its advantages!!!
greg

Heres my best fish tank scar :cool2:

Got that on the corner of the glass and got 3 stitches for my troubles

its my elbow BTW :confused:

Attachments

• conv_287427.jpg
    conv_287427.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 66
I've not managed a serious cut yet from a tank (just waiting on a filletting knife to slip tho' :hmm: ) But our *$^#*^#($^@ midget octopus bit me on Sunday....after I saved him from crashing onto the floor too....ungrateful wretch.....makes for a grumpy Jean!

J

I saw some bikers on Real TV or some such show that were bobbing for live fish in an aquarium at a rally. One of them was pushing a bit too hard against the glass with his torso and broke the tank with his head in it. It was a 55 or a 75, too. I guess when you're doing a stunt like that you should stick with acrylic.

Dan

Ughh..

So, I've never had had stiches in my life and I don't really think I have seriously cut myself.....Is it normal for a 14 year old to not get hurt? ( No dislocated bones, no stiches, nothing serioous..)

Ouch!!!! I don't want to jinx myself, but I've been lucky.....

Jean...How bad did he get you??? Was he making the great escape???Wonder where he thought he was going????

chrono_war01 said:
So, I've never had had stiches in my life and I don't really think I have seriously cut myself.....Is it normal for a 14 year old to not get hurt? (No dislocated bones, no stiches, nothing serioous..)

You're just not trying hard enough :smile:, by the time I was your age I had cut my thumb in half (modelling knife), stitch over the eye (surfboard tail, whilst attempting a 360), broken wrist (hitting some guy - Roger something-or-other). Maybe I'm just accident prone, especially after today's Formalin in the eye trick... I am in soooo much trouble over that one.

corw314 said:
Ouch!!!! I don't want to jinx myself, but I've been lucky.....

Jean...How bad did he get you??? Was he making the great escape???Wonder where he thought he was going????

He got me but good! Tis still sore and it's been two weeks! Not sure where he was going but the last one that took that route ended up dead!

As for the tally of injuries, hmmmmmm let me see, stitches to the corner of my eye, stitches on my hand and 5 months in a cast after I shattered my leg (still have a plate and 11 pins holding it all together
:biggrin2: ) the really scary thing is I did all this as an adult!!

J

Typical bragging dig.....

but I so have you beat on da mishaps. Lucky on the scar front though!! Still trying for the perfect jaw line symbol of manhood.

Have however been a human torch with a nice desil fertiliser misshap, pulled a machette out of my shin (nice throw friend!!), been crushed by a boat launched from a car, zapped a few dozen times, bitten by mangrove jacks and eels, poisoned by bad prawns, almost run down by everything from mainbattle tanks and luxury cruisers to drunk housewives in 4wd, crashed almost anything mobile.......

Ummmm yea I have a little voice that says 'do it, go on, do it, what are you a wimp, don't even think about thinking, do it'. Some people don't apparently. But then some people didn't first try a job that involved picking up landmines and boobytraps.
:oops:

Live and learn is the key I thinks. Still selling goldfish to the general public has a few hazards........ quite often that i strain something internal trying to think up a way to explain the nitrogen cycle to a new customer.
:cool2: Scars rock the caz-bar!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back