fish pics

A pic of my moray... i think it is permistus???

Attachments

• conv_292522.jpg
    conv_292522.jpg
    678.9 KB · Views: 80
Awhile... 8-9 months give or take...It is a constant battle with ich on that fish! I have it in a species tank by itself and have it eating frozen mysis. Every now and again ill take an acro frag and let it chow down.

L8 2 RISE;114555 said:
wow! all of your pics are amazing, how do you take them, or do you just have a really great camera?
I line up the shot and push the shutter button hahah jk! I wouldnt say my camera is "really great" but by no means is it bad :smile: I am shooting with a canon eos rebel XT... its the bottom of the line, top of the line canon (if that makes sense) the lense is a tamron 18mm-250mm...i also have a UV filter and polarizer filter to limit glare from the glass. For pics of the corals i shoot in full manual mode. I play with settings depending on what i am shooting and what effect i want to get...For action shots like the one of the cuttlefish striking or the leopard wrasse swimming around i use the portrait mode with the flash. For some reason it looks better than the sports mode..At least i think so!

(off topic but somewhat related)
Craig and Thales and anyone else with knowledge on the subject. I am thinking of getting my girl, a real nice camera for her bday since she loves to take pictures but all i have is a crapy 2 mega pixal camera so i am looking for some suggestions?
Plus i wanted to give this a bump because i was loving all these great pix

mosthated;114707 said:
(off topic but somewhat related)
Craig and Thales and anyone else with knowledge on the subject. I am thinking of getting my girl, a real nice camera for her bday since she loves to take pictures but all i have is a crapy 2 mega pixal camera so i am looking for some suggestions?
Plus i wanted to give this a bump because i was loving all these great pix
How much are you looking to spend? Do you think she would like a point and shoot or something that is fully manual? Personally, i would say get a Canon Eos Rebel XT or the Canon Eos Rebel XTi w/ the 18mm-55mm kit lense. Or if you wanna go with a Nikon id say check out the D40, D40x, or the D80.
Both Canon and Nikon make nicer which also means more expensive models but if this is her first dSLR than i wouldnt go to crazy. You always have the option of buying a new lense later on down the road. (IMO the lense is gonna make the biggest difference in the overall quality of the shots)
If you think she would like something like a point and shoot id go with the Canon Powershot G9...Last i checked it was the only point and shoot that was able to shoot in RAW. Nikon may have comeout with something to compete with it since the last time i was in the market for a new camera... So, pretty much you should look at the canons and the nikons. Both companies make great cameras...People tend to be very brand loyal with their cameras so you will see all the nikon people say that Nikon is the way to go and all the canon people say canon is the way to go. So, look at both of them and decide which you think she would like better :smile:

Are you going to get her a DLSR or an all in one? I say DSLR, but they are expensiveer. Or start like craig says and go with the Rebel or the D40. As for brand, buy what your friends have so you can ask them questions and borrow gear before you buy your own.
The most important things about taking aquarium pics are light (if you don't have enough you might want a remote flash), not being at an angle to the glass, white balance, and having the lens you need to get the shot you want. Understanding how and why the camera works is helpful too. :biggrin2: Anthony Calfo has some great articles about aquarium photography that are systematically and usefully written.

Thanks so much for the info, i checked out both nikon and canon, and also olympus.. i ended up getting her a olympus e-410, just because it was a bit cheaper and still seemed to me to be a nice quality camera.. once again thanks for your help..

She loves the camera here is a shot of one of our newest pets, his name is trim hes 4mnths old.

Attachments

• conv_292659.jpg
    conv_292659.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 112

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back