Finding Nemo

Just let me pin you down one day and tell you about what is actually in McChucks food...

not sure I want to know :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

probably boiled smelly socks, old shoes, old bacterial cultures from up the back of the lab fridge and pickled horses hooves with a bit of cat & dog thrown in for good measure!

J

We saw it for a second time in a hotel fairly recently, and liked it better the 2nd time around. And now my daughter just got the DVD for her birthday, so we're all Nemo'ed up.

:goldfish:

:smile:

Does this mean the death of the previous titles? I suppose so, ay? That is, can they continue with Nemo or the Toy Story series if they wanted? Both of those movies are begging for sequels.

tonmo said:
Does this mean the death of the previous titles? I suppose so, ay? That is, can they continue with Nemo or the Toy Story series if they wanted?
I think Disney could make more "Toy Story" or "Nemo" movies. Nothing's prevented them from putting Buzz Lightyear in their terrifying Disney-on-Ice extravaganzas.

Both of those movies are begging for sequels.
I hope not. If Disney tried to do it in-house, the results would fall far short of PIXAR's standards, and ours. Disney loves to run properties into the ground, though, so don't put it past them.

As for PIXAR, I'd love to hear the coversations Jobs is having with Dreamworks SKG.

:wink:

Clem

Oh yeah, by "they" I was meaning "Pixar"... You're right, I wouldn't want to see a Disney sequel to those... some animated abomination... :thumbsdo:

Forgot about all those Buzz items I picked up at the Disney Store this Christmas... :santa:

Tony,

Here are the final lines of todays New York Times report on the Pixar-Disney split:

"It is impossible to know how bad this is for Disney," said Richard Greenfield, a managing director at Fulcrum Global Partners, which has a sell recommendation on Disney Stock. But given Pixar's success, he said, "You have to venture a guess from a creative standpoint the company is at risk," he said.

But Disney can begin creating sequels to all of Pixar's films, something it could not do under its current arrangement and is almost certain to exploit.

Uh-oh.

That Pixar seems willing to accept that eventuality speaks volumes about how eager they are to get out from under Disney and its embattled chief, Michael Eisner. Other commentators speculate that Jobs may have announced a summary split to force Disney's shareholders to mount a full insurrection against Eisner, whose fortunes will undoubtedly suffer for having lost the golden goose. Eisner might capitulate and offer Pixar more favorable terms, but that would leave him with a greatly diminished authority within his own company.

A bloody business.

:goofysca:

Clem

Wow. Bummer for everyone, all around! Yeah, Eisner seems to be having his troubles...

Thanks for posting that. Will now brace myself for "Nemo and The Little Mermaid and The Mystery of the Coral", coming straight to video at a Blockbuster near you. :cry:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back