• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Finding Nemo

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Tony,

Here are the final lines of todays New York Times report on the Pixar-Disney split:

"It is impossible to know how bad this is for Disney," said Richard Greenfield, a managing director at Fulcrum Global Partners, which has a sell recommendation on Disney Stock. But given Pixar's success, he said, "You have to venture a guess from a creative standpoint the company is at risk," he said.

But Disney can begin creating sequels to all of Pixar's films, something it could not do under its current arrangement and is almost certain to exploit.

Uh-oh.

That Pixar seems willing to accept that eventuality speaks volumes about how eager they are to get out from under Disney and its embattled chief, Michael Eisner. Other commentators speculate that Jobs may have announced a summary split to force Disney's shareholders to mount a full insurrection against Eisner, whose fortunes will undoubtedly suffer for having lost the golden goose. Eisner might capitulate and offer Pixar more favorable terms, but that would leave him with a greatly diminished authority within his own company.

A bloody business.

:goofysca:

Clem

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Wow. Bummer for everyone, all around! Yeah, Eisner seems to be having his troubles...

Thanks for posting that. Will now brace myself for "Nemo and The Little Mermaid and The Mystery of the Coral", coming straight to video at a Blockbuster near you. :cry:

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
i watched my roommates dvd of nemo the other night, and to be honest, i didnt think it was all that great.... :| i dont understand why its so hyped.... on the other hand, i also watched the first two harry poter and those were decent, but could use some squids, octos, or maybe an odd ammonite or two.... phil might make a decent addition to the cast.... :smile: :popcorn:

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Casey Leigh

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak