• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

"Find the ceph in this photo" game

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Find the Hummelincki!

My turn. This is an unretouched photo I took snorkeling. Find the Hummelincki :tongue:

Answer: Here

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
gholland;120658 said:
Nice one D! And your retouch on that is amazing... what program are you using?

It seems that Photoshop (I have an old Limited Edition, not the expensive version - eBay :razz:) handles the underwater green very well with auto correct. There is some extra blue with the photoshopping but what a great change for a single click. I have a baracuda that is brown instead of green and the results are not good. I know that AM's camera (that I am looking at for Xmas - Canon G9) has a built in correction for underwater photography and am hoping this will be the results. The camera I was borrowing (Olympus) has a red filter for the UW housing but it only helps for below 15' and I removed it for this snorkle. However, I was not all that happy with the results during my one dive and will see what PS will do with those shots as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasjedlicka

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak