Final Octo Tattoo Drawings

Keith

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
As some of you know, i'm a tattoo artist. I had a guy come to me about a month ago lookin for a tattoo of an octopus. He ended up flakin for a while so I didn't waste my time drawing it. He finally got serious, so after a few sketches I have my final draft. Obviously it's going to look different as a tattoo, and my colored pencils suck for shading, but I wanted to see what you all think. Let me know guys.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I like the way you have incorporated the water and the animal, it has a nice sense of flow to it.

Keith

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Thank you very much. He had said he wanted to incorperate some japanese influence into it, and i've always liked the way traditional japanese artists draw the ocean, so I went with it. At first I did it in black and grey, but I think I like it better in color.

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I would agree, you may look at the diamonds and maybe change them for something more organic, but that is a taste issue, only.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I am not a fan of Tats but I would be less objectionable to that art work over the unartistic stuff my son has embroidered on his body. If the flow transfers to the skin as it does in the drawing, it is one of the nicest I have seen. I hope you will post it on skin for those of us who are curious about the transfer.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
I like it, too. It's realistic but stylized octopus, and should make a good tattoo.

I, too, don't think the diamonds fit in very well with the rest of the design. Are they really necessary?

Nancy

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
The diamonds don't bother me, for a differing opinion. I like it... it looks like a "body surfing octopus"

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
I've thought about it some more - it's a great drawing and I really like how you've handled the water.

I guess the diamonds surprised me, but they go with the rest of the art, so I'll change my mind and say the diamonds are OK.

I hope you'll post the finished tattoo here, too!

Nancy

Latest Posts