filosus,vulgaris,or burryi?

my octo was out under the lights today maybe its not nocturnal.i didnt get close enough to see any eyespots but it was good to see him out.i dont know if this helps with id but it was good to see it out.

my octo came out under the lights for the first time today.i didn't get close enough to see any eyespots, so i dont think im any closer to an id but it was good to see him out.i took a few pictures but none of them came out very good maybe next time.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
I've occasionally been confused when I forget that after uploading an image attachment, I have to pull down the little paper clip icon to include it in the post... is it possible that's what's going on?

i don't know.im sure its something i did wrong.the main thing is my octo is eating well and showing himself more often,both during the day and at night.unfortunately not long enough for any good pics.any info on the three octos mentioned in the title would be great,more on behavior than discription.thanks

Hummelincki/Filosus has eyespots and gets to be about 3" mantle length, with some webbing but not much, and armspan of 20-24". Vulgaris get big and lack eyespots and usually has a red color to it. I don't have any info on O. Burryi. There should be pics of both O. Vulgaris and O. Hummelinki in the gallery. O. Vulgaris will also have a lot of pictures elsewhere on the internet.

I saw your pictures in the gallery, and i must say from limited time i've been able see my guy it looks very much like yours.but like i said i didnt get close enough to see eyespots.still trying to get pics.

The eyespots aren't very big on O. Hummelincki. It took me some good looks under his mantle to see them for the first time. They were easier to spot when he was catching prey because the blue was so vibrant.

i never get to see mine catch anything ,the hermits and fiddlers it ate i didnt see.and when he eats scallops he just throws an arm out of the rock and drags it in.

Latest Posts