Field Work 2011

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)

A nice little Triassic ammonoid. More to come but from a very slow connection here at the Border Inn, it may be later next week.:sly:

Attachments

• conv_304489.jpg
    conv_304489.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 138
Very nice tease Kevin! Looking forward to seeing your finds next week, I'm very jealous of your two weeks in the field, good luck!:mrgreen:

I must say kudos to those of you who can suffer the weather and everything and spend so much time on these fossils. I love palentology(spelling?) but there is no way I could do it for a living.

What minerals replaced the original to make it look like marble? It look like you can just pick it up (as to a lot of your finds that you post :razz:). How much work have you already done (at the time of the photo) and how much longer did it take to free it from the substrate?

And the Lizards were all in a frisky mood.

Fence Lizards and Collared Lizards

A Tiger Whiptail

and a Leopard Lizard.

Attachments

• conv_298419.jpg
    conv_298419.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 117
  • conv_298420.jpg
    conv_298420.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 106
  • conv_298421.jpg
    conv_298421.jpg
    858.4 KB · Views: 111
  • conv_298422.jpg
    conv_298422.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 126
Beautiful flora and fauna Kevin! I think I have a little orthocone that looks a lot like the one on the left, I'll post it later. Are you finding any other fossils in your Ordovician rocks?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back