• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Fiddler Crabs for young abdopus aculeatus?

My LFS has some smaller fiddler crabs and I would like to purchase a few to feed to my aculeatus. Is there any danger in doing this? The fiddler crabs I saw were females and lacked the large claw. Any input?

How large is the octopus? Fiddlers are often fed to octos. Its what I used to feed mine all the time. If you are worried about the pinchers, you can remove them before throwing it in.

The head of the octo is approximately 1 1/2" - 2" long. The fiddler crabs I would be feeding to him are a little larger than a quarter. What do you think, should I remove the claws?

ive never had a problem with the pinchers before..... they would try to pinch him and he would just break them apart within seconds so it never bothered him

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back