• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

feeding the food

KDS

O. bimaculoides
Registered
I am getting ready to buy an octo, so I would like to have the food (crabs, clams, scallops, shrimp, anything else?) already here when I get him. But what do you feed these guys while they are waiting to get eaten themselves? Can these species all be housed in a ten gallon tank together? Are there any special requirments for these animals other than food? Also I know that aquaculterstore and livebrineshrimp.com are good suppliers, but is there any frozen stuff I can get at Walmart that is safe? Thanks.
KDS

You can get frozen raw shrimp at Walmart.

A 10 gallon would be fine for some crabs or shrimp. If you combine the two the crabs might kill some of the shrimp. You can feed them flake food. I would put the snails in the main tank and they will forage in there until they are eaten.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back