• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Feeding tentacles don't stick to ...

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Peeled shrimp. I got some frozen bait shrimp from NEBS to try out. I decided to pull the heads and shells to reduce waste in the tank. Oddly, every strike was unsuccessful, though they were able to grab the shrimp with their arms. Tomorrow, same shrimp with the shells still onto see what happens.

Ive seen this happen.

I never actually put much thought into it, but I assumed this was because it didn't think it was food after it touches it. But maybe your correct.

Most interesting. Octane often "drops" his peeled shrimp if it is being hand fed but takes the same piece from a stick. Lately, he has started coming to the top and flipping upside down (mouth up) when Neal goes to feed him.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back