• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Feeding question...

MAKOOKAM

Wonderpus
Registered
So, I'm feeding my cuttles grass shrimp which are roughly the same size as they are (1.5"-2"). I've been feeding them 1 each twice a day by hand...but I'm starting to notice that they really dont seem to be consuming all of the meat. They also have access to shore crabs which are running around the reef so I'm not sure how much they are supplementing the shrimp intake with crab. I dont want to under feed these guys (hopefully they arent just being wasteful pigs) but I also dont want to push my system with unwanted waste. Do any of you know what is the ideal ratio of weight to weigh for consumption would be? I'm assuming Thales might have a good idea considering his intimate relationship with bandensis. :heee:

Cut back to once a day and see how it goes. Should be fine. :biggrin2: I have noticed that as they get older the need to eat less.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back