• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Feeding live freshwater crayfish, bad, good? Really bad?

gholland;133637 said:
This "conclusion" still seems odd to me considering the number of ceph hatchlings raised on PE Mysis.

More interesting, perhaps is checking the signs carefully on the fresh raw shrimp available at your grocery. At Public's in Gainesville, I can get either Aquacultured or pink wild caught. The butcher said the pink wild caught were raw and I bought a couple to examine them. I have NEVER seen an opaque raw shrimp and believe these are partially cooked as the meat is not at all like raw shrimp. The Aquacultured are fresh water.

There have been a couple of attempts to locate the fatty contents of fresh vs saltwater crustateans but no one has come up with numbers and a translation to what the numbers mean for a saltwater animal's diet.

Wow, thanks guys this is all valuable information.....keep going my brain is soaking it up......oh just to tell you guys I caught a chromi (with my bare HANDS!) from the sump and put it in a glass jar and put it in right next to the octopus, he was so excited to see some real game his head was bobbing up and down like mad. He didn’t wait a second to get inside and liquefy his juicy flesh, mean while the whole school is witnessing a brutal killing, something they thought was something that national Geographic’s couldn’t beat. The fish put up a noble fight, but in the end, the brissle worms had the last laugh. Gladly he ate the whole fish, except some sink, considering the fish was the size of his mantle. Then for some very strange reason right after eating he completly slaugtered a turbo snail. He never bothered them before. He ripped his guts out and proudly showed them off by jetting around with them. Then he discared it to brissle worms, not even taking one bite. Killing to please? Killing for pide? For fun? We will never know, except you guy jessgifnerrgah ah ahgah!

Just wanted to shared that with some octo freaks

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back