Feeder Tank

Brock, the crabs I sent you are shore crabs, not fiddlers, and they live in the splash zone along the shoreline. This means that they will try to get out of the tank and they will try to get out if you don't have a tight lid. They shouldn't be too big for blinky, they will be preferred by the octopus compared to the snails. I have fed my octopuses mostly these kinds of snails because of convenience and abundance compared to the crabs. In the wild these bimacs eat more snails than crabs because simply there are more in the mudflats and tidepools where they are found. I agree with dan in terms of a separate feeder tank. The crabs will live a long time without any food but you can feed them scraps of fish, it is just how messy you want things and how often you want to do water changes. The snails will live indefinitely, well sort of, without food. Zyan

I have a feeder tank, 15 gal in my kitchen run by a bubble filter. I may transfer all my local catch to my tank in the livingroom, and keep the 15 for smaller food till my new octo grows, which is arriving tomorrow! (thanks Zyan):smile:

I've noticed the Oregon shore crabs aren't very friendly with my fiddler crabs, and I've had to separate them. I now have two quadriplegic crabs named Bob and Matt.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back