Favorite Lovecraft story

...and William Murphy (author of those great cheesy "destroyer" books)...S. King has written a bunch of mythos stories...all of the Salem's Lot stuff is tied into the Cthonic struggle, as well as numerous references to the old ones, etc.
Surtesy was a great short story...that whole book is wonderful. If you like the offbeat Cthulhu stories, you might want to try to find:
Resume with Monsters
small house publication, but worth it's weight in gold!

Yes I recall enjoying Resume with Monsters, even though I don't recall much of the story, really. My memory...not so good. I also have ADD when it comes to reading, so I can understand how some people might find the slow start to most of Lovecraft stories a bit much. I think for me the rococco writing style was just as fascinating as the story, so that kept me going through most of his stories. The first HPL story I read was Rats in the Walls and if anyone wants to introduce themselves or others to HPL that is the tale I would recommend. I liked HPL so much I got into the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game and started a band devoted to him! Which springboarded my art career.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20882378/

Toren, all I can say is WHOA!:shock: That's a freakin' wicked piece of art!!!

CapnNemo said:
again WHOA!!!

cthulhu77 said:
...and William Murphy (author of those great cheesy "destroyer" books)...S. King has written a bunch of mythos stories...all of the Salem's Lot stuff is tied into the Cthonic struggle, as well as numerous references to the old ones, etc.
Surtesy was a great short story...that whole book is wonderful. If you like the offbeat Cthulhu stories, you might want to try to find:
Resume with Monsters
small house publication, but worth it's weight in gold!

I haven't heard of that book, although I have ordered the Cthulhu 2000 off Amazon, it sounds quite good. But yeah, the Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos book is some fine readin'!

Graeme

Almost forgot Roger Zelasney's A Night in the Lonesome October. Any book that forces to root for jack the ripper and the wolfman to save the world and told fro the perspective of jack's dog........ The Gahan Wilson illustrations alone are worth the cover price.

Toren, those are some pretty killer illustrations! It's kinda inspired me to slap some pics together, but I'd be too embarassed to put them on Deviantart... everyone's too good on that!

Graeme

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back