Everybody wants to know what Putin thinks about Cthulhu

Not surprising in the least. I knew this kind of stuff would start happening...

HA!

Okay, actually, that's rather bizarre. But AWESOME nonetheless!

"Comrades! We have mechs down at nav gamma, bring in the heavies! They are assaultiing our Rodina!"

Actually, Cthulhu mythos and human-killing robots is quite popular topics in russian part of livejournal.com, so there was a flashmob to vote for these questions :smile:

cthulhu77 said:
"Comrades! We have mechs down at nav gamma, bring in the heavies! They are assaultiing our Rodina!"

Hm...a Communist Gundam, can we paint it red with a yellow hammer and anvil on it's arms? t would look cool to duke it out with the Capitalist Gundams (painted in green and looking like money of couse.)

chrono_war01 said:
Hm...a Communist Gundam, can we paint it red with a yellow hammer and anvil on it's arms? t would look cool to duke it out with the Capitalist Gundams (painted in green and looking like money of couse.)

Why anvil? There are no anvil in communist symbols but hammer and reaping-hook

Y'know, I hate to say it, but I think the comment about him looking like Dobby was correct.

The thing is, those of us who have a Pacific coastline have to worry, since we'll be the ones who have to fend off the first waves of creatures from the sunken deep : ) I'm sure leaders in Switzerland never get questions like these.

Little does one know that Putin has answered this question, and in his answer he expressed his suspicion of Great Chthulhu.
He said the following (quote from lenta ru, translation by me)

""I treat all such supernatural forces with suspicion, and
would suggest those seeking thruth to refer to Korane, Talmud and Bible, as it might be more beneficial."
I wonder what made him so distrusfull of Great One (Chthulhu is nice, at least he is 100% against any discrimination :wink: ) and what exactly is Chthulhu suspected of.
He also did not explain his unobvious conclusion of Bible, Torah and Korane being somehow more favourable than Chthulhu (indeed, that is quite questionable)

====
Link
Путин посоветовал поклонникам Ктулху читать Талмуд, Коран и Библию
====

My oh my, we've got to emailt this to Chaosium. Realy. Just think of the possibilities: Russian setting for CoC! Marvelous...

P.S.: As for Sov Gundams, it is pointless to paint them at all, as they will be, surely, equipped with permamently active failproof cloaking device that will render them invisible, both opticaly and through any but most sophisticated radar systems.
Nasha sluzhba i opasna i trudna - I na pervy vzglad, konexhno, ne vidna =)

a_lex said:
""I treat all such supernatural forces with suspicion, and
would suggest those seeking thruth to refer to Korane, Talmud and Bible, as it might be more beneficial."

As everyone knows, there is nothing supernatural mentioned in mainstream Holy Books... :roll:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back