• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

eventually im gonna switch

Keith

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
So i'm cycling a 75 gallon tank right now for a lionfish and a few others. I'm using a marineland mech. filter rated for 100 gallons, a skimmer rated for 150, and about 60 lbs of live rock. Eventually i'm going to convert it into an octo tank, and I wanted to know if I would have to add a sump and everything or if I could just upgrade the marineland to a better one. What do you guys think?

-Keith

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
The only safe one I know of is heavy water changes and hypo-salinity (low salt). The other chemical one I know of is formalin and that is not reef safe.