• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Ethics of octopi in captivity?

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
@JingoFresh, you CAN edit your own posts but finding the "Edit Button" is easy to miss. Look below the post where it shows the poster's name and date. To the right should be the word edit. This is clickable even though there is no indication. An edit window will popup and you can modify or add to any of your own posts.

I use a free spell checker called Speckie that saves me from myself frequently.

Pennyworth

Wonderpus
Registered
@JingoFresh, you CAN edit your own posts but finding the "Edit Button" is easy to miss. Look below the post where it shows the poster's name and date. To the right should be the word edit. This is clickable even though there is no indication. An edit window will popup and you can modify or add to any of your own posts.

I use a free spell checker called Speckie that saves me from myself frequently.

I know I can edit, but it seems the edit window is 5 minutes or so. I didn't notice them until after :frown:

I use Firefox which has a built in spell checker that works great. In my case it wasn't actually misspellings, but mistyped words spelt correctly, which I guess can only be caught by proofreading.

Gordman

Cuttlefish
Registered
I believe the Simpsons said it best..
simpsons-food-chain.jpg

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
I know I can edit, but it seems the edit window is 5 minutes or so. I didn't notice them until after :frown:

I use Firefox which has a built in spell checker that works great. In my case it wasn't actually misspellings, but mistyped words spelt correctly, which I guess can only be caught by proofreading.
This is true... 5 minute limit for Registered users... unlimited for Ceph Heads and Staff. This ensures that we don't have Registered users who register an account, post one note, then come back later to edit the original with spam links for search engines to pick up on, etc.

Latest Forum Posts