Erich Orser off line and unavailable. (Gasp!)

Seriously, the computer has crashed, and since it is still on warranty, it could be in the shop for a significant amount of time. He will be back! That is both a promise and a threat! :twisted:
Sharon

He has an IMac and it apparently has a flaw that causes this to happen. According to a friend of his this happens to all of them at some point, so buyer beware. Probably next year's model will have the problem fixed. It has something to do with overheating I think, but I'm not sure about that.

sorseress said:
He has an IMac and it apparently has a flaw that causes this to happen. According to a friend of his this happens to all of them at some point, so buyer beware. Probably next year's model will have the problem fixed. It has something to do with overheating I think, but I'm not sure about that.

I guess it's bad mac karma week-- my girlfriend Andrea dropped her ibook yesterday, and now its display is messed up and it doesn't seem to boot properly :sad:

:sad: It's like anti-Christmas all over again.

Hey, sorseress, shouldn't you change the "Location" in your profile? Or am I way out of touch?

Actually, I tried to change it earlier today and couldn't figure out how. I am seriously computer challenged. I blame it on my little old lady status. That makes a very handy excuse for all sorts of things!:wink:

Well, back from the Apple store and all is well with the world. Buying the extended warranty proved to be a fantastic choice. They had this sucker fixed in one day at no charge, replaced the power supply (the source of the overheating problem - I'm told the new one they replaced it with has the bug worked out), but to just be on the safe side, they replaced the logic board, the optical drive, and did a little hardware repair as well. In one day. Cost of extended three-year warranty? $169.00. Cost of repairs? $1264.69. Cost to me? $0.00 (not counting the initial $169.00).

Gotta love my Mac. After a week-and-a-half away, it's sooo good to be back. And I was able to take advantage of my time offline to travel beneath the waves for a "diplomatic" meeting! Awesome sushi! :cthulhu: :sushi: :heteromor

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back