[Octopus]: El Diablo - O. vulgaris

I purchased him from Tomscaribbean.com. I requested one of the smallest he has but by my best estimate his mantle is appx. 2" so he is not young. He arrived at 11:00 am. Water very cold and loaded with sucker sheds. He is looking alright so far. He has his arms wrapped around his head, looking scared and stressed. Acclimating now, photos to come. Note I said "him" 3rd arm is curled and enlarged scukers, I do have experience with males and am pretty confident I can call this one.

His mantle looks a little floppy when he breathes, makes me think post brood female. Take a look and tell me what you all think. I am not very experienced :hmm:
Last photo is an exhale?

DSCN0253.jpg

DSCN0254.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

My daughter just came home from school and told me that it is the ugliest octopus she has ever seen. :sad:

The first photos were taken w/o flash. I could not capture his true colors so I decided to try the flash, it dosen't seem to bother him too much. I am worried because his mantle looks a little big, loose, and floppy. Maybe I am just not used to such a large one :roll:
...Still sitting in the same spot.

My daughter is comparing this one to our last octopus Ollie. Ollie was really beautiful and Sam loved to play with him. He was begining to be very social, I think she is just misses him. This guy has a certain charm, well to me anyway :biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back