[Octopus]: El Diablo - O. vulgaris

It will be interesting to see is Augustus follows suit :biggrin2:

So jealous but we really can't redo the 145 right now so I am hoping we will see more of this species over the next year. If we completely break down the largest tank, I could move it's two inhabitants to another in the living room and redo the substrate for an octopus (new lids would be in order as well). The thought is daunting but never far from my mind.

I am always wanting to break down and redo a tank. Thats how I ended up with 4 lol. It was always oh I just one to change this one thing... my husband wanted to kill me at first, now hes learned to just get out of the way lol.

My son mailed my memory card, the envelope was returned to him the other day empty. We were robbed, I feel so violated! I ran out and got a new one, finally I can take photos again. Here are a few shots I just took of Diablo.

DSCN1322.jpg

DSCN1321.jpg

DSCN1318.jpg

DSCN1315.jpg

I LOVE the last shot! It is interesting too because it looks like there is something akin to a cornea over the eye. I wonder if the black is simply a hole and the "eye lids" function as an iris on the outside of what looks like a cornea. This would make sense since there is no reason an animal the lives under water to have an eye lid. I think I need to see what I can find on eye biology for these guys.

Was the envelope ripped? The post offices letter processing machines are not the most sophisticated (or are aging). I received half a check the other day (it looked like my dog had gotten to it) when the envelope and its contents did not make it through the machinery. There was nothing odd about this mailing (no bumpy things) but it failed to feed properly. If the memory card caught, it likely would have put a hole in the envelope and was eaten by the machine rather than a theft. Hummm, maybe it caused a log jam and destroyed my check :wink:

My daugher said the envelope looks like it was cut open. Maybe a log jam, I'll never know but I still feel robbed.

See how valuable these photos are, you noticed something didn't :shock:
I picked up a blue crab for him tonight. The video is too large to download to photobucket. I will post the shorter one (downloading) after he already caught it. It is so strange, the crab was still wiggling it's legs trying to escape after in Diablo's clutches for several minutes.
I also have a few more photos to post. He is very photographable, sometimes it seems like he is posing. :biggrin2:

You should really look into a YouTube account. It is free, it's annoying advertisements don't totally obscure the video (photobucket's do but the owner never sees it) and they will take really large videos. Additionally, you can stream directly on the TONMO site without having to be transferred.

If we ever had a vulgaris, el Diablo is it.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back