• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: El Diablo - O. vulgaris

I purchased him from Tomscaribbean.com. I requested one of the smallest he has but by my best estimate his mantle is appx. 2" so he is not young. He arrived at 11:00 am. Water very cold and loaded with sucker sheds. He is looking alright so far. He has his arms wrapped around his head, looking scared and stressed. Acclimating now, photos to come. Note I said "him" 3rd arm is curled and enlarged scukers, I do have experience with males and am pretty confident I can call this one.

His mantle looks a little floppy when he breathes, makes me think post brood female. Take a look and tell me what you all think. I am not very experienced :hmm:
Last photo is an exhale?

My daughter just came home from school and told me that it is the ugliest octopus she has ever seen. :sad:

The first photos were taken w/o flash. I could not capture his true colors so I decided to try the flash, it dosen't seem to bother him too much. I am worried because his mantle looks a little big, loose, and floppy. Maybe I am just not used to such a large one :roll:
...Still sitting in the same spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaneMom6800

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak