[edit] Kat finishing thesis, so kind-of online

um... said:
Well, yeah... I guess those are the bits that make it fun, eh?

:kiwiflag:

One track mind, you have...jeez, and here I love Kat for her stunning phraseology ! :smile:
Congrats on being able to stay where the trout fishing is sublime!!! Hope you can make it to the states in August though...wouldn't be the same without you!
g-fresh

Time to go gallivanting once again! Off to the States tomorrow on a hybrid vacation-research sojourn (the best kind :wink:) until late July, so I will be a reduced online presence til then. Hope to compensate when I get back with wild tales of travel and taxonomic adventure in the Smithsonian collections though...

Oooooh, let's see, Minnesota, Boston, quick stops in New York & Philadelphia, and then DC, North Carolina and Denver. Not that I'm excited... :mrgreen:

Have a great trip Kat. I hope you have a humpback whale of a time!

Well, I'm back. And all caught up on the forums, I think... :shock: checked in a couple times while I was in the States but never got a chance to really read any of the threads.
Unfortunately my plans to meet several TONMOers on the East Coast fell through, so I'll just have to come back. :twisted: ... But I did get to visit main_board at home in :canada: , and so did a certain laminated someone else! :twisted: :twisted:
The Smithsonian was great. I am hopefully loaning some very interesting things I saw there, and am writing up the rest of the observations I made in the meantime. My final week got flooded out apart from one half-day, which was very frustrating, but all was not lost - I got to head over to an off-site facility to visit the big Moroteuthis robusta specimens instead!
Anyway, nice to be back. In 8 layers of clothing and clutching a cup of tea.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back