[edit] Kat finishing thesis, so kind-of online

It's quite a cool job... so far the highlight has been feeding the fish in the main big tank ('big' = 'moving walkway with tunnel goes under this tank') from a small raft. (Did you know sea turtles squirt jets of water out of their nostrils when they surface to breathe?) BUT I suspect that that highlight is about to be overshadowed... they kitted me out with new dive gear today and want me in the tank tomorrow. :mrgreen: First cleaning, then feeding the smaller (bony) fish, and then when I graduate from that - the sharks and rays. 8)

:snorkel:

Oh, and I had a member of the public accost me with some questions yesterday, most of which were fairly straightforward and intelligent, but finishing with 'Can you find out what gene it is in dolphins that makes them friendly toward people, isolate it, and inject some into George Bush and Tony Blair?'

Uh... yes sir, I'll get right on it. :bugout:

cthulhu77 said:
Um must be chewing his nails off by now...hehe...
Poor Um...
Hmmm...now would be the perfect time for me to try to steal him away from Kat. :sly:
I might not be neurotic, but I have a suspicion that I am bipolar. Come to think of it, I may have a touch of OCD as well.

Sounds tempting (especially that part about OCD). I don't suppose any type of, er, combative activities could be arranged between you two lovely ladies to determine who gets this last remaining little scrap of my heart, eh?

Had to ask.

:squidaut:

Kat,

Can you find out what gene it is in elasmobranchs that makes them not bipolar, and inject it into love_newf? And, when you're finished with that,
can you find out what gene it is in sea turtles that makes them eject water out of their noses when they breathe, and inject it into me?

Congrats on your new job, it does sound like fun.

Clem

um... said:
I don't suppose any type of, er, combative activities could be arranged between you two lovely ladies to determine who gets this last remaining little scrap of my heart, eh?
Yikes, are you suggesting a cat fight with Kat? :goofysca: I was thinking more along the lines of a puff pastry eating contest. Or maybe you could post a challenge - something like drinking a bristle worm milkshake. Kat and I could then write in and say either " I completed the challenge in less than three minutes!" or "Sorry, I choked." Then, the loser could get sprayed with water from Clem's nose.

Hi Kat,

Have fun at Kelly's

As for silly questions from the public......I was on duty yesterday and got asked if I thought it would be OK to get a seahorse as company for the goldfish (in the same tank!)...........................& I don't think they were joking!!!!! :shock: Cos the seahorses weresooooooo beautiful!

J

Hi guys,
Just coming up for a quick breath after catching up on everything... I am still around somewhere, sometimes, but am also rather beset with jobs (3) and visiting Americans (including me dear old Dad). But I do drop in and will try to do so more frequently! Will also try to get some good shots of Slime, our Octopus gibbsi. In the meantime, here's me feeding the ravening hordes in the fishtank.

:snorkel:

download.php

And thus is born my "Chicks With Regulators" fetish. Beats mermaids any day.

Kat, I am so glad that you're finding at least one job enjoyable. It's gotta be worth losing a finger or two to not have to answer phones all day.

um... said:
And thus is born my "Chicks With Regulators" fetish. Beats mermaids any day.
mmmm...dunno....

I see...i see pay-per-view.... i see Celebrity Deathmatch....
"Chick with regulator" vs "Mermaid" !!!
Forget Tyson vs "Tetraplegic Badger" !
Forget Neil Diamond vs Rammstein!

This IS the match of the century!!!
(this program hasn't be rated yet, discretion is advised)
(mudslingers welcome)

Kat, I am so glad that you're finding at least one job enjoyable. It's gotta be worth losing a finger or two to not have to answer phones all day.
and there is no way back...after losing a few fingers, it becomes really hard to answer the phone... unless you tape yr mobile to yr head....mmmm
*considering new career*

TPOTH

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back