Echinoderms with octopus?

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Colin said:
yeah very true Jean, I am biased though LOL :lol:

Me too really but when you are dealing with public displays EVERYTHING must look nice...........nature and all that kinda stuff plays no part!

sorry just had a group where all the adults thought Plasma our octi was "gross" and "evil" cos he ate a live crab :shock: :bugout: :bonk: I'm very proud of myself though I didn't run them back to the bus calling them philistines I just took a deep breathe an explained about octis (the children....all under 5.... thought Plasma was cool though.......they can come back so long as they leave their parents at home!!)

J

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Registered
Nice self control!!!!!! I would probably either said how the crab was both those adjectives, while theocto is neither, or had them meet mr......ARCHITEUTHIS! :madsci: HAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHA!

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
When i was doing zoo work the policy was to wait until closing time until we fed the snakes and caimans etc... some people just cant handle seeing cute like mouses with their wee twitching noses and funny little hands sent in to certain death... :twisted:

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Colin said:
When i was doing zoo work the policy was to wait until closing time until we fed the snakes and caimans etc... some people just cant handle seeing cute like mouses with their wee twitching noses and funny little hands sent in to certain death... :twisted:

Yeah i've heard other places doing that.....but we advertise feeding as an attraction! Also the octi has no real set feeding time. Crabs are available all the time for him, he suits himself when he eats. We used to feed only at set times unfortunately when the octi got hungry he'd go exploring and help himself (on one memorable occasion the octi ate 4 of our large spider crabs Jacquinotia spp. Not good these come from deep water and cost NZ$100's each to collect!!!!!).

After the group with the grossed out parents we had another couple of groups who though he was "OK" (teenagers and therefore way too cool to show excitement over a mere animal!). In my attempts to gain their enthusiasm I now have laryngitis and can't talk above a whisper (sympathy please!!!!!) Still no teaching till Sunday (It's friday here!!!)

Cheers
J

Latest Posts