• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Ebay octopus for sale

I submitted a compliant about the listing to eBay, but I don't expect them to do anything about it. Their reporting menus didn't contain a category for misleading or inaccurate descriptions, and seemed instead to be looking for reports of more severe and less subjective violations. "It will live a long time" is subjective, and "I've had some live 3+ years" seems obviously false to us, but how could eBay's monitor decide it's bogus? Not to mention, eBay gets paid every time this guy sells an octopus, so unless he does something illegal, or overtly against their policy, I don't see eBay pulling his listing.

You are bidding on a full grown Octopus briareus/vulgaris that has a head size of 2.5 to 3 inch (each leg can span to a foot wide when it is extended all the way). We do not know the sex of this octopus.

Briareus and Vulgaris are the same species?

Unlike octopus that are carrying eggs, it will not die right after her eggs hatched.

You means some octopus carry eggs? Wait I thought they didn't know the sex?

With that said, if you can keep them in an good environment it can live for a long time. I have kept many octopus in varies sizes before. I have had a few of them in my tank for 3+ yrs.

Really? It's not only large cold water species live more than two years(i.e. E. Doflieni)?

I currently have three other octopus available and they are fun to watch. Full grown Octopus like this make great pets and are very entertaining to watch and they are trainable to play tricks.

You mean I can make them jump out of their dens and yell BOO!!! to scare the pants off of my wife and kids?

This octopus is trained to eat small pieces of dead or frozen fish or shrimp.

Well hot dang I guess my octopus is a regular circus act then cause she's trained to chase them down, wrestle them to floor, and THEN eat them.

Joe-Ceph;170249 said:
I submitted a compliant about the listing to eBay, but I don't expect them to do anything about it. Their reporting menus didn't contain a category for misleading or inaccurate descriptions, and seemed instead to be looking for reports of more severe and less subjective violations. "It will live a long time" is subjective, and "I've had some live 3+ years" seems obviously false to us, but how could eBay's monitor decide it's bogus? Not to mention, eBay gets paid every time this guy sells an octopus, so unless he does something illegal, or overtly against their policy, I don't see eBay pulling his listing.

I reported him too after I reread the listing. It is against Ebays policy to sell animals. They dont consider corals animals.

Lmecher;170263 said:
It does not bother me that this person is selling an octopus on Ebay. It is the untrue claims they make. Obviously know nothing about octopuses. It makes me sad. I reported them also.

Ditto, I would love for people to sale octos on ebay as long as its done right.

Joe-Ceph;170314 said:
Too bad the guy wasn't willing to be more honest in his description. It's too bad for the community to lose a source of live octopus.

True, but he was selling adults so they wouldn't have mich time with them.

skywindsurfer;170322 said:
True, but he was selling adults so they wouldn't have mich time with them.

Always the risk though... thats why its important to refer sources of octopuses that we have great service. Or to post negitive feedback from poor service. By doing so we support the good and weed out the bad.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back