Durzo - A. aculeatus

In 3 and 4 it looks like corkscrewing to me, I only noticed it when he was doing this camo, not all the time.

DSCN1800.jpg

DSCN1801.jpg

DSCN1808.jpg

DSCN1809.jpg

DSCN1812.jpg

DSCN1814.jpg

DSCN1817.jpg

When I have seen it in an obviously senescent animal, the arms droop into the corkscrew and are not held erect. Also the coloration is very gray. Since he is still eating and his color looks good, I do not think what you are seeing is related to what I equate with the near end. I would check the water parms any time I see a different behavior though.

I just had him grab my hand while I was holding a few pellets, and when he pulled them to his mouth he just kind of freaked out and stood still for a second and then darted right to the rocks... Was kind of funny to watch play with his new toy. :lol:

So, it seems right now he only changes color for food. When he is sitting on the glass he is usually a grey or pale brown.
With food:

DSCN1896.jpg

DSCN1897.jpg

And no food:
DSCN1906.jpg

DSCN1907.jpg

Interesting "bumps" on her mantle.
Still eating and pretty fast to go after live even if reluctant to take food directly offered. Sadly (or perhaps thankfully) this species does not seem to have a long obviously senescent stage so I am not sure if you are seeing simple aging or the beginnings of the end.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back