Durzo - A. aculeatus

Unfortunately, this species seems to die without a lot of warning so just enjoy him without looking for senescence. He really displays nicely and makes me want to recommend a larger tank for this species.

DSCN16521_zps23db64ed.jpg

DSCN16541_zpsa1c5654a.jpg

DSCN16721_zpsd356af36.jpg

DSCN16751_zps734c9249.jpg

DSCN16781_zps32eb3742.jpg

He let me touch him today. I fed him a shrimp earlier and when he was out on the glass he was all curled up with one arm out, and thought what the heck.

H e grabbed my finger and just kind of held on to it for a little while then slowly started trying to pull it towards his mouth. :shock: I wouldn't let him do that so he decided he should try to move around on the glass, while still holding my finger, then try it again. :roll: Then he started to get off the glass and tried to go towards the rock before he let my finger go.

Degree of hunger often has something to do with it but they are moody. I have an odd theory about their memory. It seems that they can "forget" for 3-5 days and then remember something new that they learn. It would be interesting to investigate as it would show another oddity about their brains if the casual observation has any merit.

I think if I wait for a few days then try again with hand feeding, I would have much better results. That's what happened last time, I just had him on a few shrimp over a couple of days and no crabs, then he took the crab with gusto.

I am so jealous!! He is beautiful and you get to see him during the day!! I love the eyes! Looking to the future, maybe this would be a good choice for my preschool class!! :smile:

Great shot of the purple rings I so often mention when trying to look for ID clues!

The camo picture is great! When we see ours blending like that we never fail to wonder how many octopuses we did not see while diving.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back