Dreams and HK

Steve O'Shea said:
Ummmmm ........ Howdo Eric. Ja, you can come annoy me any old time, though TPOTH, Matt and Tintenfisch (Lady TTF - she'll be back online soon) will all tell you that it's not all roses all of the time over here ...
See? see? I told you so. Just have to ask. But online SOS is quite different from real-life SOS, the latter being very mean and rather akin to a cruel taskmaster... and rude... and mean... very mean...
Was that out loud? :goofysca:
in fact there haven't been too many roses of late - just a lot of work.
Nope. No roses. :sad: Not much of a summer either. It's hot only when you get to spend the day in the wetlab. Rotting fish and crushing heat.
At the tender age of 14 I think that it's great that you're hooked on cephalopods. Don't ever give up! I started way late ... way, way late ....
He won't give up. We'll see to it that he doesn't become a wellpaid doctor or lawyer, no sir! :lol: Underpaid ceph biologist is his destiny.
And you SHOULD sleep more often, more regular hours. I'm an insomniac - don't worry about my hours.
:roll: yeah, he's telling you this and then accuses us of wasting time sleeping. Want to go into science? better get used to surviving on coffee.

TPOTH

O...I according to um... spcecial sources, it's under your bed...I live in Hong Kong, I was looking around the web last night when I think that you've grown a mustache, Mom thinks you should shave it off :lol:
She thinks you look better without it, but I don't really care. Come on poeple, come to HK! Anyone going to HK after Disneyland is finished?
Poor Ocean Park ( HK's homegrown theme park), I hope they will still have some poeple going to their place....They house squids,cuttles,octos,small sting rays,a large atoll reff that looks more like a chunk of the Great barrier reef. There's also a whole aquarium deicated to sharks and sting rays. There's also a mock tidal pool where a you can see seastars,urchins,sea cucumbers,and the last time I've seen, a mini octo about the size of a $1 dollar coin. :mrgreen:
And all that amusment rides, marine mammals and stuff.

chrono_war01 said:
.... I was looking around the web last night when I think that you've grown a mustache, Mom thinks you should shave it off :lol: ...

Your Mom married :wink: Ooops, I am. Wifey will slap me for that.

It comes and goes; used to sport a heavy beard too - but only I have those pics (I don't think anyone online has seen me in Grizzly mode); lost that and sported sideburns down to the chin; lost those and was left with the mo; lost the hair and sported some major handlebars for a while ... though looked like a flat-headed thug ... so lost the lot; grew the mo back again, then lost it, then grew it ... and that's about the story of my life. The mo definitely makes it hard to eat jelly donuts with cream ....

Mum wants me to shave it too. What is it with Mum'z and facial hair? :confused:

Oh, is the Doctor "puttin on the ritz"????

the last time I saw a sharpening stone, WK had it to carve up liberals...

Enough with the sharpening stone, for all I know, Mom has it. Anyway nice ending for the A Rambling Ceph story, ( But I would like it if it didn't end that way...) So, anyone planning to go to HK? Anyone? Please? Please?

About the facial hair, mom was wondering doesn't it get messy when squids go slapt and the um..squid juice goes flying around?

Certainly keeps your head warm at night, when at sea, or when going for a dive. I don't plan a beard or mo - one or other just happens because I forget to shave, or get so engrossed in my work that I don't pay any attention to my appearance. Wifey (Shoba) looks after me - I'm quite lost without her.

Speaking of wifey, she's been gone for a month (home visiting folks), but returns morrow morn. Have spent the entire day cleaning up pots, pans, dishes, washing and vacuuming. She'd have had kittens if she saw how I was camping. Funny thing is that I've piled on a little weight in her absence ... and I don't gain weight (haven't for years) .... Must be the camp-food beans and fries. Hmmmmm.

Could be (still debating) in China in a few months. That's near HK isn't it? I get confused.

Please go to HK! Well, Hk is part of China might my inner senses tell me that HK is better off without commuism but we would be way better with the silly Chinese tourists and their cheap but often rubbisb products. ( We're at the belly of the chicken if you know the Chinese map, it looks like a chicken when you think the chicken's face is facing the Pacific) :lol:

New Slogan: Long live the Democratic Birthday Part Of China!

Dr.SOS looks older with the mustache.

___ ___
00 \
00 _\
////\\\\\
00 =

Just shaved-off my Errol Flynn-moustache and Rockabilly sideburns. Wife wanted to know what my face actually looked-like. After more than a decade, so did I. Everybody thinks I look great, including Rebecca, but after three days, I'm growing that sucker back. Starting to look like my old self already. Not counting the sideburns. And yes, Rebecca missed the villlain-moustache. I'm her own personal Vincent Price, complete with pompadour and slouching bad-posture.

:cthulhu:

What this really has to do with the thread I'll never know, but then it wouldn't be the first time.

Oh, yes. Definitely will be visiting HK. Fell in love (from afar) with your city via the Connery-era Bond films (and Moore-era: The Man with the Golden Gun), fell even more in love from the late-Eighties-on via Jackie Chan, Tsui Hark, John Woo, Ringo Lam, and of course, the amazing work of Chow Yung Fat, Tony Leung, and the innumerable actresses who for some strange reason, aren't occurring to me at the moment, even though they're all world-class talents. HK ROCKS! Plus, in a great LA Times interview with Chow Yung-Fat, one of the things brought-up was that in the aquarium behind Chow's head during the interview were several cuttlefish. As this was at a seafood restaurant,
I'm sure these cuttles didn't come to happy ends, but, oh well... such is the seafood trade.

Erich

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back