• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Dreams and HK

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Oh, is the Doctor "puttin on the ritz"????

the last time I saw a sharpening stone, WK had it to carve up liberals...

Enough with the sharpening stone, for all I know, Mom has it. Anyway nice ending for the A Rambling Ceph story, ( But I would like it if it didn't end that way...) So, anyone planning to go to HK? Anyone? Please? Please?

About the facial hair, mom was wondering doesn't it get messy when squids go slapt and the um..squid juice goes flying around?

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Certainly keeps your head warm at night, when at sea, or when going for a dive. I don't plan a beard or mo - one or other just happens because I forget to shave, or get so engrossed in my work that I don't pay any attention to my appearance. Wifey (Shoba) looks after me - I'm quite lost without her.

Speaking of wifey, she's been gone for a month (home visiting folks), but returns morrow morn. Have spent the entire day cleaning up pots, pans, dishes, washing and vacuuming. She'd have had kittens if she saw how I was camping. Funny thing is that I've piled on a little weight in her absence ... and I don't gain weight (haven't for years) .... Must be the camp-food beans and fries. Hmmmmm.

Could be (still debating) in China in a few months. That's near HK isn't it? I get confused.

Please go to HK! Well, Hk is part of China might my inner senses tell me that HK is better off without commuism but we would be way better with the silly Chinese tourists and their cheap but often rubbisb products. ( We're at the belly of the chicken if you know the Chinese map, it looks like a chicken when you think the chicken's face is facing the Pacific) :lol:

New Slogan: Long live the Democratic Birthday Part Of China!

Dr.SOS looks older with the mustache.

___ ___
00 \
00 _\
////\\\\\
00 =

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Just shaved-off my Errol Flynn-moustache and Rockabilly sideburns. Wife wanted to know what my face actually looked-like. After more than a decade, so did I. Everybody thinks I look great, including Rebecca, but after three days, I'm growing that sucker back. Starting to look like my old self already. Not counting the sideburns. And yes, Rebecca missed the villlain-moustache. I'm her own personal Vincent Price, complete with pompadour and slouching bad-posture.

:cthulhu:

What this really has to do with the thread I'll never know, but then it wouldn't be the first time.

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Oh, yes. Definitely will be visiting HK. Fell in love (from afar) with your city via the Connery-era Bond films (and Moore-era: The Man with the Golden Gun), fell even more in love from the late-Eighties-on via Jackie Chan, Tsui Hark, John Woo, Ringo Lam, and of course, the amazing work of Chow Yung Fat, Tony Leung, and the innumerable actresses who for some strange reason, aren't occurring to me at the moment, even though they're all world-class talents. HK ROCKS! Plus, in a great LA Times interview with Chow Yung-Fat, one of the things brought-up was that in the aquarium behind Chow's head during the interview were several cuttlefish. As this was at a seafood restaurant,
I'm sure these cuttles didn't come to happy ends, but, oh well... such is the seafood trade.

Erich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak