[Cuttlefish]: Dreadhead's Cuttlefish journal

I received two tiny cuttle's from Thales on Wednesday 4-2-08.Acclimated them very slowly(4 to 5 hrs)and released them into their new home, haven't seen them since.They have plenty of food and the water parameters are fine.I have noticed a small build up of waste that was not in the tank before I added the cuttle's so I believe they are fine.I hope the little bugger's come out soon:smile:.

Whoo hoo!

BTW, the ones still at the house are all taking frozen pretty quick now, if you want to give that a try too.

Unfortunately I found a rather large crab(left over from Olorin)in the tank.I had to spear it to get it out, and in doing so I had to rearrange the tank.But on a good note both cuttle's are fine and I saw one of them eat(after I moved the LR around). So I guess it didn't freak them out to much.:smile:

One of the little guy's came out shortly after lights out this evening:heee:.It was cruising along the bottom snatching up mysids.I am very happy I didn't freak them out to much with the whole crab incident.

from what i have read and i believe thales told me ( i could very well be mistaken) is that seeing them mating is the only accurate way of sexing them other than DNA of coarse...

By 3-5 months you can tell males and females by behaviors when they interact with each other. The males will have a specific display when approaching another male. They will stretch out their body and display vivid colors to each other. The females will just watch and stay their resting colors.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back