Dr. Zoidberg

im pretty glad that i got a small one, hopefully it will be with me for a while. He has been hiding ever since i let him out, but i know that is normal. Hopefully in a few days he will be out and about.

looks just like Octopus Prime. another MDL Aculeatus-- interesting! Prime was happy with frozen shrimp until i got him fiddlers. How big would you say its mantle is? arms?

the mantle is probably slightly bigger than an inch. i am not sure as to the size of its arms but they are pretty long in comparison to the mantle. He finally appeared last night and i gave him some more frozen shrimp. I also placed an order for fiddlers which should arrive soon.

He might warm up soon, it took only 2 weeks of hiding for my hummelincki to turn the opposite. Enjoy the hiding while you can because you will be able to actually do maintanence on your tank without being attacked now :wink:

i get them from aquaculturestore.com

ha yea for now he's pretty shy, but i found his den today and he came out for a bit, stared at me for a minute or two then calmly went back in his den.

Octavarium;119000 said:
He might warm up soon, it took only 2 weeks of hiding for my hummelincki to turn the opposite. Enjoy the hiding while you can because you will be able to actually do maintanence on your tank without being attacked now :wink:

Or climbing out while you are cleaning the other side!

i received a adoptus yesterday its perfect. i finally figuerd out why my octos keep dying. i had some mineral mud in a plastic container sitting in my garage. it was in there for over 2 years. i think something driped in it. so before my octo arrived i took all the sand out and this one is doing fine so far. i want to thank everyone that gave a reply to my problem. jim.

last night right before the lights went out dr.z was moving around on the glass, exploring the upper part of the tank. he even put his arm out of the water and touched my pinky. He was out again this morning, but just hanging out by his den. It seems he is becoming less and less shy. His fiddlers should be here tomorrow, so i will get to watch him hunt.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back