• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Does anyone use tonmo anymore?

It seems that there has been less and less posting on tonmo and more and more everyday on RC whats up with that. Let's give tonmo the glory again and not RC. Let's go tonmo........

Um... I don't know what you're talking about!

I think it's just because it's summer time... you know, vacations and all. Posting might have slowed down a little but it's not nearly as dead as RC's ceph forum.

This is the doldrum season for octopus keeping...most of them are beginning to die off, and a lot of the researchers are on vacation. Don't worry, it will pick back up in a month or so.

As long as the ceph forum on RC isn't getting action, I am happy.
In my talks I have been telling people that TONMO is the place for octo discussion, and how refreshing it is to really have one place to go for the info instead of the many many reefing forums. IMO, it really would be a shame for the core info and support available on TONMO to get watered down (not to mention having to refute outright bad info again and again) by having to search multiple sites.

A lot of the sites get sleepy this time of year, so I don't think its anything to worry about. :smile:

When Tonmo people post on RC, they usually refer people to Tonmo, which has had a good effect. People often wander into the Ceph forum there because they're on some of the other RC forums.

Nancy

TONMO.com and RC have respectfully co-existed for many years, and it has worked well. As Nancy is alluding to, they serve different but complementary purposes. And as Rich (Thales) states, there is no better place to get concentrated ceph info than on TONMO.com.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back