• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

do dwarf octopus eat blue leg hermits?

Octopus diet varies depending on the species of octopus and even personality of individual octopus. Most octopus owners (food slaves...) try a variety of foods until they discover which foods their octopus prefers. There are more than one species of dwarf octopus so it is hard to say if it will eat blue-legged hermits until you try.

My mercatoris liked eating hermits and my briareus ate hermits when she was tiny. Most others don't seem to have luck feeding their mercatoris' hermits though. When all else fails, use small crabs!

christian39;117469 said:
I saw that my lfs was breeding crayfish and feeding the babys to his dwarf octo

I dont know if it was good for him:confused:

On a regular basis I cant imagine it being a good source of food for him, but I feed my preditor tank (mainly my puffer) 6 or so crayfish a month just to stimulate them and give a little variety to their diet.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back