Dining List

Almost as funny as Kapoc...hehe.
I hate it when they put that canned sauce over something so well done...spoils it.
Personally, I would eat a poodle in sauce without hesitation...ate dogs quite often in central america, a local specialty. Snakes too, even though I love the critters...they make good fritters too! (sorry, had to)
I certainly can't imagine eating an octo every day though...that is too much of one flavour for me. Cheeseburgers perhaps, but even they get old quick...
Had deep fried cat once...yuchh. Too gamey for me.
greg the omnivore

My Boss just came back from Singapore (where incidentally she was totally entranced with the cuttlefish exhibit!) and she brought me a present of lemon flavoured cuttlefish! Well I opened the bag and the smell was indescribable.....:yuck: but the dog absolutely loves them!!!!!

J

While i was down in Charleston (SC) this past weekend i found a competent but overpriced calamari and rock shrimp appetizer at Hank's (otherwise a very nice place to eat) and another mediocre one at Vickery's... the second one gets me.... the menu said it comes with a wasabi marmalade... (definitely too sweet to accompany fried food in retrospect) however there didnt seem to be ANY wasabi in the marmalade... the waitress said they had to cut back since people thought it was too hot.... but on the other hand the jalapeno mayo they put on my crabcake sandwich had a nice touch of heat to it, so im thinking theyre just discriminating against wasabi.... :frown:

There's a lot of squid eaten in Thailand, and one good dish is squid larb. The squid is minced with chilis and lime and mint, mmm. I was surprised to see "spandid squid" on menus, rather than just squid. Other meat, fish and occasionally veg are also prepared this way. If I find a good recipe, I'll post it.

Melissa

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back