December 2007 joining you all.

zhuni

Hatchling
Registered
Hello all. I am new to this forum and joined because I am planning to get an octopus and wanted the benefit of your knowledge and experience and to share my experiences of this wonderful creature. I have only minimal experience so I've lots to learn. I'd like to get a pygmy soon and am looking for a reputable source to purchase. Right now I'm just getting everything ready and looking around. It's nice to find your forum!

Welcome Zhuni! You've come to the right place. "Take your time" would seem to be good advice, based on what I've read from the experts here! Good luck; we look forward to your contributions.

:welcome: to TONMO!

If you haven't yet, make sure to read the ceph care articles under the ARTICLES tab at the top. You might also consider that a lot of people find larger octos to be easier and better pets, as pygmies tend to be shy, nocturnal, and short-lived... look around for other folks' experiences. It seems to be a common assumption that a smaller octo is "better" for a first octo, but it seems pretty consistent that bimacs, briareus, and similar sized animals in a 55-75gal tank provide more consistently positive pet experiences.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back