Day 6 for Briareus babies

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Hello all,

I've been seeing a baby octo or two every day. This morning I saw one resting near the front of the tank. He was a lot bigger (but still tiny, of course) and looked very healthy. His body was almost a metallic silver color, very pretty.

There have been a couple of incidents where something in the live rock holes attacked or threated a baby. My husband had to rescue one baby who was being held by something by the tip of one arm. The little octo kept trying to jet away, but couldn't escape. Bill used a knife tip to cut a small piece of algae and rock away from the live rock, not injuring the little octo but freeing him. No glimpse of what was holding him, but must have been some sort of worm.

It's impossible to tell whether I have 6 left, or only one. We're doing well to make it this far and I've certainly learned a lot. I hope the little guys make it, but it's one day at a time.

Nancy

So glad to hear they are doing well! With them all looking so much alike, maybe you are seeing all of them at different times!!! Wonder what got the baby? Good thing you were there to help!

Any new pics yet?

Carol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back