day 3 i think after Wilma

As my generator chugs outside I sit at my computer. I know I am doing much better then most but not better then some. Seems its going to be a while till power is restored after Wilma. I waited in line for an hour yesterday for gas only to find that they ran out right before it was my turn. Luckily I have a buddy that works at a gas station that was able to hook me up. (its not what you know but who you know) Until they have power the stations just can't pump. Then again the Port hasn't opened yet to bring in more gas. Things seem to get getting worse here in Miami. Everyone is driving around like nothing and then fighting at the pumps when there is none left. I hear more and more reports of police getting called in to help with crowds at the next station that gets power and can pump for a while. I think I was able to get enough to keep running for a few days to keep my pulpo happy and to keep the fridge running. As I am getting ready to turn off the generator and turn on the battery powered bubbler for the night I just want everyone to count there blessing as I am counting mine.
Chip

Good thing you bought that generator!

Hope things get better soon and you have enough gas to keep Pulpo comfortable and happy.

Nancy

Hi Chip!

Glad you're okay. Yes, that generator was an excellent investment. Hope the port gets opened again soon!

Wow! I had no idea things were so bad after Wilma. Hope all goes well for you and pulpo. How long now without power? Generators are wonderful things! I have a neighbor that has the loudest generator. They kick in on sometimes in the middle of the night. Think they have a 70 gal saltwater tank, so I'm sure this is why they have one.

Good luck with everything!

Carol

Whooo boy ! Cable tv and the microwave...you never think you are going to need them until.....

So you survived pretty well - the generator gasoline must have held out for Pulpo and the fridge and you're all happy to get back to normal!

Nancy

corw314 said:
Wow! I had no idea things were so bad after Wilma. Hope all goes well for you and pulpo. How long now without power? Generators are wonderful things! I have a neighbor that has the loudest generator. They kick in on sometimes in the middle of the night. Think they have a 70 gal saltwater tank, so I'm sure this is why they have one.

I take it this is an outdoor generator? I have some excellent sound-dampening suggestions that have worked well for me.

Chipdog, glad the power is back on and that Pulpo is doing fine!

Wow....Can't imagine no power for a week....We've been lucky. Glad to see you are reconnected! And yes this is an outdoor one. They live 4 houses down across the street and I always wake when they click it on......

erich orser said:
I take it this is an outdoor generator? I have some excellent sound-dampening suggestions that have worked well for me.

Chipdog, glad the power is back on and that Pulpo is doing fine!

Sound dampening suggestions??? Gimmi Gimmi gimmi

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back