[Cuttlefish Eggs]: Dale's Dwarf Cuttles

I specifically bought PE mysis because they're completely intact, big black eyes included. I'll keep trying them. I can harvest pods by the hundreds if I go through all the chaeto in my systems. I may go on a ghost shrimp hunt tomorrow before work.

Big boy munchin on a ghost shrimp.

IMG_3539.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3542.jpg

sedna;131387 said:
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing! Do they color change before they attack the food?

Kind of a flash. They're always white while the lights are off, turn brown during the photoperiod.

I stood there waiting with the video on standby after I put the shrimp in this morning, walked away for a minute, came back, and of course I'd missed the strike.

The 3 that are left are doing great. All eating feeder shrimp now and the occasional frozen mysis. One of them is quite a bit smaller than the other two, but it is also the most active/mobile. It swims around most of the time, while the bigger ones are always sitting or "walking". The biggest is closing in on the 2 inch mark. I'm considering putting the other big one in with it. I made a large acrylic nursery so I could actually see them from outside the tank. I'll probably cut a divider to fit it and see how it goes, make sure they don't attack each other before turning them loose. I'm scared to release them into the tank this soon though, I don't know that they realize I bring the food yet and I want to be sure they will approach me when I'm near the tank. Too many hiding places for them in the display.

I keep trying to get a good video of capturing prey but they are camera shy. Never fails, as soon as I turn around or turn off the camera they grab the shrimp.

Cool, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear of your losses, but I am glad to hear that your remaining ones are doing well!
I am down to 3 cuttles as well, so it looks like we have had similar results with this batch so far. But I look forward to comparing notes with you as the little ones grow...hopefully it will be smooth sailing for both of us from here on out...:boat:

Added a divider, placed the other bigger one inside. Haven't noticed any indication that they see each other yet, or maybe they just aren't concerned with each others presence.

very nice setup

sorry that some of the other babies died but nice work on the one's that survived I like your DIY nursery as well :grad:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back