Cuttlefish swimming?

Hi,

We're currently doing some work looking at swimming in European cuttlefish (Sepia officinalis), we were wondering if anyone had any luck actually getting these guys to swim? - Ours seem to just settle on the bottom of the tank...

Any suggestions on persuading them to swim would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

What's the substrate? I feel like they are more inclined to swim if you don't give them sand or pebbles. How long do they need to swim for?

Thanks for the reply

The tank we're trying to get them to swim in doesn't have a substrate, we thought they may be a little more exploratory, but it just seems to be the darker corner they go for...

In terms of how long we'd like them to swim for it really doesn't need to be long - probably a minute at most

I can't speak to officinalis specifically, but my Sepia bandensis seem to be more apt to swim around when there's total darkness. Also, failing that, when hungry. Most other times they sit on the bottom or crawl on the rock work.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back