• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Questions

321Boom

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Hello there. I just got two half inch Sepia Bandensis that are accepting frozen mysis shrimp. I have kept octopi before, but this is my first time with cuttlefish. I was wondering what places would be good to get live food from. I can't find the octopets website anywhere. Is it down? I was also wondering about aquascaping. Do cuttlefish enjoy more of an open tank? Are some brands of frozen food better than others? They are currently in a net breeder and doing well.

Thank you for your help.

unfortunately, octopets is no longer in business. I'm sure some of the current bandensis keepers can help you with the rest of your questions... :welcome: to TONMO!

www.aquaculturestore.com sells mysis shrimp as well as shore shrimp and fiddler crabs for when the cuttles get bigger. Shipping can take several days sometimes though depending on the mail so plan ahead. Some people are having luck with PE brand mysis as far as frozen goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back