cuttlefish mating in Whyalla

matengo

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
My partner and I are going diving in Whyalla south australia next week to see the mating of the giant cuttlefish. has anyone done this and do you have any tips or suggestions for us in regards to what we can do to interact with them, if at all, and things not to do?
apparently they come onto the reef numbering in the tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, and they grow to be about 1 meter long. we're very excited about going and would welcome any input including tips on underwater photography.
thanks

matengo said:
My partner and I are going diving in Whyalla south australia next week to see the mating of the giant cuttlefish. has anyone done this and do you have any tips or suggestions for us in regards to what we can do to interact with them, if at all, and things not to do?
apparently they come onto the reef numbering in the tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, and they grow to be about 1 meter long. we're very excited about going and would welcome any input including tips on underwater photography.
thanks

I have no knowledge except that I watched a TV show on them once, but my recommendation is that you post lots of stories, pictures, and videos here when you get back! And that you have a great time! :mrgreen:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back