• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish in the UK

collin would be the best to talk to about that, they are usually hard to find over there, and the ones that are there are usually officinales which needs at least a 100-150 gallon tank.

May I inquire as to why you want one? What tank size? etc

I have a 55gallon. I have been interested in cuttlefish for a long time but never actually took the plunge to setup a tank for them. I think they are very cool and interesting. I'd also like to "learn" from them. I would want to observe there behaviours, growth and feeding etc. This isnt just an experiment though, I dont know what it is but there is just something about them.

pretty much the same thing here. pretty much the only cuttle that is available often for that size tank is the bandensis, so you are probably going to want to get a bigger tank if you want much of a chance of getting a cuttle in england. I believe officianales often lay their eggs on crab pots off of the british coast, so if you get in contact with a fisherman once you have a larger tank, you could probably pay them a small "bribe" to get them to bring you some eggs back.

Thanks for the help but a 55 is really all I can do at the moment. I contacted Colin, I was told he was the best to contact for that kind of stuff by others aswell.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back